Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Baby Update

I thought it would be a good time to give a pregnancy update. But before I do that I thought it would be fun to share a clip from one of my all-time favorite movies, “What to Expect When You’re Expecting,” on what it’s like being pregnant. :-)


Ok, my pregnancy hasn’t been that bad but she definitely has some good points! My pregnancy has been fairly easy compared to some, but I must say, I am ready for this little guy to make his debut and I’m ready to have my body back. :-) I am now almost 38 weeks (which is crazy!) He is about the size of a pumpkin, almost 7 pounds, and about 19 ½ inches long.
He is thankfully in the head down position and at my 36 week appointment I wasn’t yet dilated (which made me a little disappointed). Unfortunately my midwives don’t check me every week and won’t check again until I’m 40 weeks; I guess when I go into labor I’ll know! I am feeling him move constantly, in spite of my anterior placenta, and I absolutely love it! As most first time moms I’m sure, I have the tendency to worry a lot about whether or not he is all right, so feeling him move is truly my most favorite thing about pregnancy and it gives me great comfort and peace of mind.

The first trimester was kind of rough with the 24/7 nausea – Zofran became my best friend. Also during the first trimester (and partly due to the Zofran) I had the most horrible constipation (sorry if that is TMI). But once I hit about 15 weeks I was off of Zofran and overall feeling much better. The second trimester was by far the best, and the third trimester has been ok, but as with all pregnant women (I assume) makes me even more ready to meet our little guy.

Overall my symptoms haven’t been too horrible. I haven’t had any weird food cravings… I’ve pretty much been eating like I always have. Sure, I get in a rut of eating the same thing for breakfast, but I’ve always been like that. I think for me, being pregnant just gives me the excuse to eat more of the sweet things I like (Cookies N’ Cream ice cream being one of them) rather than me actually truly craving them. Once I hit the third trimester the stretch marks hit full force, making me nervous about them fading over time since there are so many. Along with that came a constant itchiness all over my abdomen due to my skin stretching that has persisted the entire trimester thus far. And just recently I think my lower abdomen muscles are in complete revolt against our son getting any bigger since any time I use said muscles (which is any time I move) it feels like I’ve been punched in the gut. All in all though, that has been the worst of it, and I count myself very lucky that I haven’t had any true complications. :-)

So now we’re just getting more and more excited to meet our son, and hoping that maybe he’ll decide to show up early. ;-)
 

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for linking up with Medical Mondays! I loved that movie and imagine it is even more funny to watch while actually expecting:-) I was the same way with my cravings... I just ate way too much of the stuff I always loved (especially ice cream). Best of luck on these final weeks and days!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey from medical mondays! Glad you are feeling well and what an exciting time for you! Cant wait to see pictures of the baby. Hang in there you're so close :)

    ReplyDelete