Monday, March 3, 2014

Happy Birthday, Prince Charming!!!

Today is my beloved husband’s birthday! These days we don’t do too much for birthdays (we both kind of lost excitement for our birthdays in the mid-teen years), but we try to make the day special with a couple gifts and a special dinner or something. I think I actually look forward to PC’s birthday more than he does because it feels like he gets closer to my age (yes, I am *cough* 2 ½ years older than him).

I always have the hardest time figuring out what to get him for his birthday – and really any holiday that involves gifts – mostly because he is a very content person and “doesn’t need anything” or “just wants” me (if you read my last post you’ll see that he is truly a romantic). If I’m lucky I’ll get the name of a book that he would like (because he has so much spare time – not!) but sometimes I’m left to just figure out something I think he would enjoy.  It probably doesn’t help too that our anniversary is a mere week after his birthday… Poor guy. I feel like we kind of stole the thunder from his birthday.

Anyways, I digress – we celebrated his birthday this year with a homemade steak and potatoes dinner (his favorite – my man loves his meat!) over the weekend and just enjoyed being together and lounging around the house as we recovered from being sick the previous week. Of course today there will be cake and candles, but aside from that he has just been studying like any other day. I feel bad… I want to make his birthday special and out of the ordinary…I just feel so incredible blessed to be a part of his life and I want that to come through in everything, but especially on his birthday. :-)

So what have you all done to make your busy medical husband’s birthday special?

3 comments:

  1. Happy birthday to your husband! I think mine has been on call for everyone of mine and his for the past 7 years ha. But we always get nice gifts and a dinner. Now he's graduating fellowship in 3 months so I'm in need of really special gift ideas :) Hi from medical Mondays :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. well Happy Birthday Mr/Dr :)
    steak, potatoes, cake and fun -- everything my husband likes too.

    visiting from MM.
    ~Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  3. That sounds like a wonderful birthday! Thanks for linking up with Medical Mondays.

    ReplyDelete