Sunday, October 12, 2014

Long Time No See

It has been awhile… 4 months to be exact. Our little guy is now a little over 5 months old and a whopping 20 pounds! I love my little chubster. :-) I look at my last post and laugh as I talked about being slow getting back to “normalcy” (whatever that is). I’ve definitely discovered that what I once thought “normal” – with regards to my schedule, getting things done around the house, sleep, and well, pretty much everything – is not normal anymore. I’m figuring out my new normal. This has meant waking up at 7am (or earlier) exhausted because our little guy seems to hate sleep and wakes up a lot each night (coffee is now my best friend), possibly taking a nap with him which is usually only 45 minutes (sometimes less), playing with him and trying to soak in every moment of him at this age because as I know already the time is really flying by, and then trying to rush around the house during his second and third 45 minute naps to get done what I can around the house, which despite my best efforts is still a complete mess. I get the laundry caught up (mostly), although it tends to enjoy sitting on the couch for a week before it gets folded, but I figure at least we can dig through the clean, albeit wrinkly pile, for whatever we run out of, right?

This past week was PC’s fall break (which, I think, is my favorite part about the school he is going to). It has been glorious, but far too short as always. It used to be that I looked forward to his breaks solely because of being able to spend all day every day with him for an entire week. Now, although this is still largely what I look forward to, it also means an extra set of hands with Little Prince. PC took a couple days and installed a gorgeous laminate floor in our kitchen. It looks spectacular! The rest of the week has been spent relaxing, which equates to watching our current favorite show, taking family naps, and playing tag team with Little Prince to catch some zzz’s when we can. The only reason I’m able to write this little post is because my sleep-deprived husband is taking a nap with our little one.

I still can’t believe we have a son… I feel… so incredibly blessed to be entrusted with this little life. He is the most precious thing. He is currently sitting up by himself (for a little while anyways), laughing at any and everything, teething a lot (which is fun – NOT!), and thus is chewing on everything. He is also fascinated with food. He watches PC and me eat with such intent and excitement as his little mouth moves as if he is eating too. I can’t wait to start him on solids.

It’s been a fast five months, but I’m loving being this kid’s mom, and I am so thankful I get to spend each day with him.

No comments:

Post a Comment